Poetry Among the Palms
June 29 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us for an evening of nature-inspired poetry at the Conservatory! In collaboration with the American Writer’s Museum and the Poetry Center of Chicago, we invite guests to listen, write, and read poetry as you walk through our Palm House.
- Special guest and award-winning poet, Ed Roberson, will read W.S. Merwin and other nature-inspired poetry.
- Discover some of our most interesting plant specimens as you write your very own poem to add to our collection!
- Put in your two cents, or in this case two words in our huge magnetic poetry wall!
- Cozy up with your kids and a good book in one of our cozy corners to share poetry and rhyming stories
- Participate in a poetic mystery match challenge as you identify plants and other natural materials as described in poems
It’s an event that’s perfect for the whole family! Check back soon for more details and activities!