We are FREE and open to the public every day, 365 days a year. We do ask for a donation at the door.
GROUP TOURS & YOUTH GROUPS:
Groups of 10 or more people must book their visit ahead of time:
PARKING: We have FREE parking in the Visitor’s Parking Lot just South of the Conservatory entrance, as well as Bike Corrals and a Divvy bike station in front of the building.
You can also take the Green Line to the Conservatory Stop. You won’t miss us, we’re the huge glass building just North of Lake St. on the West side of the street.
View a campus map
The Conservatory is wheelchair accessible, except for the Fern Room. A limited number of wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Visitors using wheelchairs and those who are otherwise unable to climb stairs may enter the Conservatory at the Main Entrance, 300 N. Central Park Ave., via the North or South ramps. For more information contact us at 773-638-1766.
Baby changing stations are available in the men’s and women’s restrooms in the Lobby of the Conservatory.
All visitors to the Garfield Park Conservatory, and to Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance events and programs, may be photographed and/or filmed by staff or hired photographers. These photographs and videos may be used in Chicago Park District and/or Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance printed materials, on our website, and/or in other Conservatory promotional materials. Your attendance serves as consent to be photographed and/or filmed. If you are interested in a Photography Permit or Media Permit, Click here.
Rules & Etiquette at the Conservatory
What are the rules and etiquette at the Conservatory?
We want people of all ages to enjoy the indoor and outdoor gardens at Garfield Park Conservatory. Although it looks like a park, it is actually a museum with a living collection. Our gardens have both plants and animals that require a level of respect that assures their continuity for all visitors to enjoy. Please help us ensure a safe visit for everyone by observing the following:
- Children ages 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult in order to enter the conservatory.
- Visitors must be suitably attired, including shirts and shoes.
- Because we are a working greenhouse, some walkways may be wet. Pay attention to where you are walking.
- For safety reasons, no running is allowed inside the conservatory. We encourage adults to guide their charges to one of the many outdoor lawn areas where children may run.
- Wheeled items are restricted to strollers, small wagons, and mobility-assistance devices. No rollerblades, two-wheeled scooters, skateboards or “wheelie” shoes with the wheels engaged.