Apply today to become a partner of the Garfield Park Conservatory and bring the power of nature to your students – for free! The application for the 2019-2020 school year is due on June 5th, 2019.
For current partners: please find your Year 2 application here (link opens in new tab).
Our school partnership program is for K-8 schools located only on the west side of Chicago. Our partners get the opportunity to enhance their curricula with our enriching, science-focused field trips. The annual benefits include:
- Field Trip Day: Your school will be the only school visiting on a day of your choice.
- Free lunch room: Reserve our lunch room free of charge.
- Free activity for students: Bring your students to a staff-facilitated STEM activity during your field trip, for free. Your students will participate in an NGSS-aligned hands-on experience.
- Resource backpacks: Starting in the fall of 2019. Check out a free backpack full of materials related to your field trip, designed with GPC materials and activities.
- Teacher Night at the Conservatory: This exclusive opportunity will only be extended to teachers in our partner schools. Faculty, staff, and administration will be invited to the Garfield Park Conservatory to learn how to best use our resources with your students. You will also receive a free tour of our collection, courtesy of our staff.
- Professional Development for Teachers: Come to the Garfield Park Conservatory to learn more about NGSS and STEM!
- Discounted family memberships: Your school families will have the opportunity to receive free family memberships to the Conservatory.
Additional benefits of the partnerships are available on a case by case basis, with a separate application process:
- Bus Scholarships: based on your school’s need, we will offer scholarships for up to 6 field trip buses to all partner schools. This application will be sent to all approved partner schools after June 5th, 2019.
- For Year Two Schools: Free rental of GPC space. Hold one small weekday school event, such as a back to school kickoffs or luncheon, at the Conservatory. Rentals will be determined on a case by case basis, and we will help you determine which of your school’s events can happen here.
The full application is below.