WHAT: The 2017 Garfield Park Conservatory Calendar Photo Contest. If you’re a budding photographer or just a little snap-happy, we urge you to share why you love Garfield Park Conservatory with us! Enter our 2017 Calendar Photo Contest and your photo could be featured in our inaugural 2018 print wall calendar! Calendars will be offered to new members who join or members who renew mid-September through December 31, 2017. Memberships directly support Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance programming. Learn more about our Membership program here.
ELIGIBILITY: Calling all Garfield Park Conservatory super fans! We’re looking for original, high quality photographs of Garfield Park Conservatory from our visitors. This photo competition is open to all ages and levels. Please limit one submission per person.
ENTRY PERIOD: Submissions August 7, 2017 – October 6, 2017
WHAT TO ENTER: Why do you love the Garfield Park Conservatory? Submit your favorite and most compelling photo with a brief caption statement about why you love Garfield Park Conservatory. Horizontal or landscape photos only. Photos can include interior or exterior shots of the Conservatory, close ups, seasonal shots, architecture, people, programs, events, etc. Photos can be from any season or time period.
HOW TO ENTER: One submission per person please. Submission deadline is Friday, October 6, 2017. Click the SUBMIT button below and include the following:
- jpeg format (300 dpi or larger).
- Please label your photo as: LastName_FirstName_GPCAPhotoContest2017.
- Horizontal or landscape photos only.
- Word or PDF documents accepted.
- Please label your document as: LastName_FirstName_GPCAPhotoContest2017.
- Document must include your name, email and phone number in the document. We will need this information to contact you if your photo is selected for the calendar.
- Document must include a brief caption statement about why you love the Garfield Park Conservatory.
Help us spread the love and post your photo on Instagram and tag @gpconservatory, include your caption as the space to tell us why you love the Conservatory and use the hashtag #ilovegpc. A special prize will be awarded to whoever has the most likes on instagram!
JUDGING: Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, impact and artistic merit. A small panel of GPCA staff members and/or guest judges, familiar with photography and GPCA will review submissions and notify the winners via the contact information provided at the time of entry. 12 winners will be selected for the calendar. Each winner will be given a complimentary 1 Year Family Membership ($100 value) AND 1 complimentary calendar!
QUESTIONS? Contact Marie Stringer, Development Coordinator, at email@example.com
THE FINE PRINT:
- Only complete submissions will be considered.
- Photos must be taken here at Garfield Park Conservatory. By submitting your photo you are confirming that the photo is your own original work from this space.
- You will retain rights to the photo you submit. By submitting you grant the Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance permission to publish, distribute and use your photo on our website, for marketing purposes, communications and on social media. GPCA shall credit all photos with the person’s name or by the person’s social media account if available.
- Photo permits are required for any non-commercial ceremonial photos or video (e.g. wedding photos) at the Conservatory. Permits are also required for commercial photography and filming, as well as student film productions. Please contact the Chicago Park District Permits Department here for information and to obtain your permit. You can also obtain information by calling 312.742.5369.
- Photo Disclaimer Policy: All visitors to the Garfield Park Conservatory, and to Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance events and programs, may be photographed and/or filmed by staff or hired photographers. These photographs and videos may be used in Chicago Park District and/or Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance printed materials, on our website, and/or in other Conservatory promotional materials. Your attendance serves as consent to be photographed and/or filmed.
- By submitting an entry you will be subscribed to our monthly e-newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. We never sell or share your contact information.
- Photo submissions may be cropped or resized for the production of the calendar.