Thank you for your interest in the Garfield Park Conservatory. The following is the Conservatory’s filming and photography policy as required by the Chicago Park District.
Visitors are welcome to take photographs of the Garfield Park Conservatory for their personal use.
A Media Permit is required for any of the following activities occurring on Chicago Park District property:
- Filming for commercial use
- Photography for commercial use (e.g., advertising, catalog photos, publication, etc.)
- Filming or Photography for documentary or Web-based media
- Filming or photography for non-commercial use (e.g., engagement or wedding photos)
- Filming or photography for student project use (student applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited school to obtain a student media permit)
For additional information visit the Chicago Park District Media Permits Division website or call the Park District, Department of Revenue directly at 312-742-5369.
How to Apply for a Media Permit
The following steps are required for applying for a Chicago Park District Media Permit:
- Choose a Chicago Park District location, date and time
- Download the Chicago Park District Media Permit Application
- Complete the Media Permit Application and submit by fax, mail or hand deliver
- Mail or hand deliver your application to:
Chicago Park District
Department of Park Services
541 N. Fairbanks Ct., 4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611
- Fax your application to the Department of Park Services: 312-742-6038
Please note: it is recommended that you contact the Department of Park Services to confirm that your application has been received, or if you have any additional questions: 312-742-5369.
News Media Confirmation Permit
If you would like to conduct a professional journalism-based activity to take place on park property, please contact the Chicago Park District Department of Communications at 312-742-4786.