Photography at the Conservatory

The Garfield Park Conservatory is owned and operated by the Chicago Park District (CPD).  A CPD issued photo permit is required for any of the types of filming and photography described below.

A permit is required for the following types of filming and photography

  • Commercial, such as:
    • Advertising
    • Catalog photos
    • Publications
  • Documentary
  • Web-based media
  • Non-commercial use, such as:
    • Engagement photos
    • Wedding photos
    • Quinceañera photos
  • Student projects
    • Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited school working on a class project to qualify for a student rate.
  • Please notice, the use of drones at Garfield Park Conservatory is prohibited.

View fees and get started now.

Covid Update: Photo permits for the gardens are now available. Tripods and easels are allowed indoors and outdoors as long as they are not obstructing pathways.

News Media Confirmation Permit

To conduct a professional journalism-based activity on park property a News Media Confirmation Permit is required.  To obtain this permit, contact the Chicago Park District Department of Communications at (312) 742-4786.

If you have any additional questions, view our Frequently Asked Questions page, or call (312) 742-5369.

Be sure to secure your permit before arriving at the Conservatory as we do not issue permits on site.