We can’t wait to host your school group at the Garfield Park Conservatory!
We believe that field trips are an important way for students to make connections between the classroom and the real world, and to deepen their learning across subject areas. We are here to provide an exciting and educational experience for your group, and look forward to helping you plan an engaging and meaningful self-guided field trip to our facility.
All of our free, self-guided field trips include:
- An orientation with a staff member upon arrival
- Access to hard copies of select resources
- Storage of personal belongings
- Possibility of a free picnic lunch outside or renting our lunch room for a small fee
- Free parking for buses
- The opportunity to deepen student learning across subject areas in one of Chicago’s most beautiful institutions!
Check out what our awesome teen docents have to say about our school group visits here!
Taking a field trip at the Conservatory is easy! Just follow these steps:
Book your trip by clicking the big green button.
Look through our Themed Resources to choose what you would like to use during your visit. Don’t forget to check out other activities on our Resource Center, too!
Print and bring with you copies of any resource(s) you would like to use on the day of your visit.
Please note: If your desired trip time and date are not visible, that means those dates and times are already booked by other groups. Please choose a different date and time. Additionally, any youth group that books their visit as an adult group will be automatically CANCELLED.