Take your school group on a virtual field trip of Garfield Park Conservatory! Field trips of all kinds are an important way for students to make connections between the classroom and the real world, and to deepen their learning across subject areas. Our staff have developed a new virtual field trip option to provide an exciting and educational experience for your group, and we look forward to helping you plan an engaging and meaningful virtual field trip to the Conservatory and Gardens.
Each virtual field trip will include an orientation based on the chosen science topic, a guided, interactive, theme-focused tour throughout the collection with a Conservatory educator, and the opportunity for questions and answers throughout. There is also the option of a brief breakout session to complete a topical activity in small groups. More information about the field trip topics is on this page, beneath the interest form.
All of our virtual field trips will include:
- A live-stream, interactive experience with a Conservatory educator
- Choice of a variety of themed experiences, including Introduction to Plants, Adaptations, Pollination and Plant Reproduction
- Access to printable copies of select resources
- Optional small group break-out session
- The opportunity to deepen student learning across subject areas in one of Chicago’s most beautiful institutions
Are you interested in booking a virtual field trip? Please fill out the interest form below and we will get back to you with more information.